Saturday, February 1, 2014

Live Production in Action in Daytona

Recently I was given the opportunity to visit the Daytona International Speedway for the Rolex 24 race, a 24-hour race consisting of 55 cars.  A good friend of mine, Willie Brown, works for NASCAR and helps produce many of the events NASCAR puts on.  He was able to get me behind the scenes to see what all goes into putting the nearby cars screaming down the speedway onto the television.

This is was such a wonderful a insightful experience, after all it's basically what I am going to school for.  And for as much as I have learned, I've yet to see it really in practice, and this visit provided me with much information into how these sort of broadcasts are handled.

I only grabbed a few clips because I was simply to enamored and full of questions about how all of this shiny technical stuff operated.  So just as I got a glimpse, so shall you.


Yeah just a glimpse.  I remembered to charge it, but forgot to clear the memory card clogged up with videos of/by the ex girlfriend before heading to Daytona.  Even now she's still ruining things.  xD

No comments:

Post a Comment